Citizenship status of Croatian Mother/Austrian Father children

wmRJK

Preporučene objave

Pozdrav,

I am an Austrian national living in Croatia  - In ca. 5y i should have a right to Croatian citizenship but will not request it.

I am also Israeli citizen.

My wife is Croatian citizen and we plan to have a child that likely will be born in Austria (due to better hospitals), it automatically gets Austrian & Israeli citizenship through me. We will continue living in Croatia.

Will this child also have a right to (or automatically) Croatian citizenship, considering both Austria and Croatia are EU members?

Dijeli na drugim stranicama

Hello,

According to our Croatian citizenship law, your kid will get Croatian citizenship by means of origin if one of his parents is Croatian citizenship at the time of birth and if the kid is born in Croatia.

Your kid can later be naturalized, but that also means the loss of one previous citizenship (Austrian or Israeli).

If you change your mind and decide that the kid will be born here in Croatia, then it would be a Croatian citizen through the mother, and maybe Austrian and Israeli (it depends on their laws).

At the end, I dont think our healthcare system is so bad that the kid could not be born here :)

uređeno: od Iustitia_ZD
Dijeli na drugim stranicama

Uključi se u diskusiju

Možete objaviti sada i registrirati se kasnije. Ako imaš korisnički račun, prijavi se ovdje kako bi objavljivao s tim računom.

Posjetitelj
Odgovori na ovu temu...

×   Zalijepili ste sadržaj sa formatiranjem..   Ukloni formatiranje

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Vaš je prethodni sadržaj vraćen..   Očisti

×   Ne možete direktno lijepiti slike. Prenesite ili unesite slike iz URL.

• Napravi novi...

Važna informacija